Great Recipe for a quick lunch and when you don’t have time to make your own dough. Crust came out super thin, just how we like it.
Would work well in an oven but comes out even better with a ceramic smoker like a Kamado Joe
Quick and Easy Thin Crust Pizza
Thin Crust Pizza made with two packages of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust
- 2- 6.5 oz packages of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix (Easy Prep)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1- 8 oz package of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- warm water
- corn meal (for pizza peel and pizza stone)
- red pepper flakes (couple shakes)
- 1-14.5 Oz can of whole peeled tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp oregano
- Preheat Kamado Joe (Bessie) to 450-500 degrees, using two heat deflectors stacked on top of each other (i.e. one heat deflector and one pizza stone).
- Let the stone get hot (~20 minutes at desired grill temp)
- Mix Pizza Dough Crust mix with water, then add oregano. Add all purpose flour as needed to make the dough the proper consistency (similar to slightly tacky play dough).
- Roll out pizza dough very thin on floured countertop. Roll edges to make a raised edge as you find on most pizza. Transfer to Pizza Peel that has corn meal on it.
- Ingredients for sauce are added to blender and quickly blended. The sauce is then added (don't use all of it). Add to your liking. Spread with back of spoon over whole pizza.
- Add cheese (few handfuls mozzarella) and parmeasan then red pepper flakes (couple shakes).
- Transfer pizza to pizza stone on Kamado grill (pizza stone should also have corn meal on it to prevent sticking). Grill at 450-500 for about 15 minutes. Look through top vent to see when cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove, let cool for a few minutes then cut and serve.