Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms and especially to my wife (Lisa) and mom (Jane).
Had a perfect, relaxing, yet busy day with the family.
We planned on taking the boat out to do some bass fishing but it ended up being too windy (Small Craft Advisory). So we made the best of it by playing some mini-golf, hitting the driving range and tried catching some fish at the marina. (No luck with the fish)
Lisa and Dylan both had a hole-in-one in mini-golf but I didn’t. Dylan was sure to remind me of that several times.
Marinaded Grilled Shrimp:
- 1 lb (21-30 count) Shrimp (Peeled Tails on)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 TBS ketchup
- 2 TBS red wine vinger
- 1 TBS basil (dried or fresh)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ~1 TBS Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom
- Peel Shrimp-leave tails on
- mix marinade together and pour over shrimp in 1 qt Zip-loc bag
- refrigerate for 1-2 hours then allow to come to room temp (before grilling)
- Sprinkle liberally with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom Rub
- Grill over direct heat (500 degrees) using well greased grilling platter
- flip after about 3 minutes and grill for another 3 minutes or until done.
Breaded Grilled Scallops:
- 1 LB Sea Scallops (washed)
- ½ cup italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom Rub
- ½ tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Coat Sea Scallops in Olive Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together and throughly coat scallops in bread crumb mixture
- Put in fridge for 30 minutes to let bread crumbs set
- Remove from fridge and allow to warm to room temp (or close to it)
- Pre-heat Kamado Joe to 500 degrees, use greased grill platter
- Grill Scallops for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side, watch to prevent burning.
- Remove from grill and serve....
I must say, this meal was fantastic.
I forgot to take a picture of the completed plate as I was too busy trying to watch the end of the Caps vs. Rangers game (what a great series).
Both had just the right amount of spice and the scallops had a nice crust on the outside but were tender in the middle. Cooked perfectly.
Will definitely make this again! Was a busy weekend for Bessie and she held up well.
We have family coming into town next weekend so I’m sure Bessie will be busy again.
Hope all the moms had a wonderful day! Till next time