Fired up Josie on this snowy/icy Sunday to make some “Grilled Fried Chicken” – recipe from John from the Kamado Joe cooking channel.
Pretty simple – marinate chicken in a buttermilk/hot-sauce mix for 2 hrs (can go overnight).
- Chicken - drumsticks, breasts, thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- hot sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp favorite poultry seasoning/rub
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- Rinse chicken, marinate in 2 cups of buttermilk and 1 cup hot sauce
- Batter - mix 3 eggs, flour, pepper, seasoning, and water.
- Dredge chicken in regular flour, then coat with batter.
- Fire up Kamado Joe to 350, cook chicken (indirect) for approx 1 hour.
Turned out pretty good – I would figure out a way to crisp it up a bit more next time.