Fired up Josie on this snowy/icy Sunday to make some “Grilled Fried Chicken” – recipe from John from the Kamado Joe cooking channel.
Pretty simple – marinate chicken in a buttermilk/hot-sauce mix for 2 hrs (can go overnight).
- Chicken - drumsticks, breasts, thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- hot sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp favorite poultry seasoning/rub
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- Rinse chicken, marinate in 2 cups of buttermilk and 1 cup hot sauce
- Batter - mix 3 eggs, flour, pepper, seasoning, and water.
- Dredge chicken in regular flour, then coat with batter.
- Fire up Kamado Joe to 350, cook chicken (indirect) for approx 1 hour.
Turned out pretty good – I would figure out a way to crisp it up a bit more next time.
2 Eye round roasts – 1 with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick and 1 with Dizzy Pig Raising The Steaks.
A more detailed post later but I’d like to welcome my new Weber, “The Red Baron” to the OnPoint family. First meal was filet and asparagus with Bernaise
Fired up Josie for the first time in a while.
Saw this recipe posted on Facebook a days ago and wanted to give it a try. Romaine, Grilled Avocado and Smoky Corn Salad with Chipotle-Caesar dressing.
Picked up Fire House Steak Tips from the Wine’ing Butcher in Ashburn, VA. Put them on @ 500 for about 4 minutes per side. Spicy but good!
Karen said this was one of her favorite meals; it’s definitely in the top 5 over the past year.