Been on a “clean eating” diet which means I’ve been using my Kamado Koe “Josie” quite a bit over the past 3 weeks. This meal was #OnPointBBQ
Cooked filet for 12 using the reverse sear method. Low temp 225 for about 20 min. Let rest for 10-15 min as the temp came up and then seared at 700 until they came out to preference:
Served with Bernaise and various sides.
BBQ brother Dave also made a kick appetizer – fresh clams in broth!
Here is a collection of things I’d like to try:
Bacon/Pineapple/Ribs – http://imgur.com/gallery/afmArNw
Bacon Wrapped Brat Bites – http://rchreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/bacon-wrapped-bratwurst-bites.html?m=1
Grilled Grilled Cheese – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY&feature=youtu.be
Bacon Onion Cheese Buds – http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/grilled-onion-bacon-cheese-buds#.Vabx2vlVikp
Fired up Josie on this snowy/icy Sunday to make some “Grilled Fried Chicken” – recipe from John from the Kamado Joe cooking channel.
Pretty simple – marinate chicken in a buttermilk/hot-sauce mix for 2 hrs (can go overnight).
- Chicken - drumsticks, breasts, thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- hot sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp favorite poultry seasoning/rub
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup water
- Rinse chicken, marinate in 2 cups of buttermilk and 1 cup hot sauce
- Batter - mix 3 eggs, flour, pepper, seasoning, and water.
- Dredge chicken in regular flour, then coat with batter.
- Fire up Kamado Joe to 350, cook chicken (indirect) for approx 1 hour.
Turned out pretty good – I would figure out a way to crisp it up a bit more next time.